Gladstone Garage in York can carry out the MOT test on your vehicle BOOK YOUR MOT TEST NOW ONLINE. Just pick the date and time that suits you best, enter a few details and then turn up. You can even request that we send you MOT reminders for next year so that you don’t forget your MOT and risk a £1,000 fine.
When your vehicle reaches it’s 3rd birthday is required by law to have an MOT test. This is an annual safety check to ensure the vehicle meets the minimum standards for safety and road worthiness.
At Gladstone garage in York we pride ourselves in customer satisfaction as well as offering quality services. We offer MOT testing for our customers in York and the surrounding areas. Come to us in York and make us your number one for all your MOT needs.
Any vehicle driven on the road must be kept in roadworthy condition. Gladstone Garage’s professional mechanics will check and make sure that your vehicle meets road safety and environmental standards.
This is a primary check list of items for a car: lamps, reflectors, electrical equipment, body, structure and general items, brakes, electronic stability control systems, seat belts, supplementary restraint system, steering and suspension, exhaust, fuel and emissions, tyres and road wheels and drivers view of the road.
Services We Offer In York
Gladstone Garage is a family run business that offers a range of MOT in York, car servicing in York and garage services including online tyre sales for cars and vans in York. Use our Online tyre Booking System to buy your tyres at any time, day or night, it couldn’t be easier to book your tyres with us in York!
Gladstone Garage in York offer a full range of car servicing, MOT, tyres and vehicle repair services. The technicians at Gladstone Garage in York have over 35 Years of experience and are happy to help you out whether you require welding or a simple bulb replacing. Let Gladstone Garage become your number one car garage in York.
The MOT Test includes checks on the following:
- Lighting and Signalling Equipment including
- Daytime running lamps Front fog lamps
- Reversing lamps
- Front fog lamps
- Steering (including suspension)
- Brakes and additional braking device performance
- Tyres and Road Wheels
- Body, Structure and General Items
- Exhaust, Fuel and Emissions
- Drivers View of the Road
- Noise suppression material
- Undertray security
- Emission control equipment
- Engine malfunction indicator lamp
- Diesel particulate filter (DPF) tampering
- Fluid leaks – engine, transmission and so on
If we find any faults they will have the following designations:
- Dangerous: This is a Fail as it has a direct and immediate risk to road safety or has a serious impact on the environment. THE VEHICLE MUST NOT BE DRIVEN UNTIL IT HAS BEEN REPAIRED.
- Major: This is a Fail as It may affect the vehicle’s safety, put other road users at risk or have an impact on the environment. REPAIR IT IMMEDIATELY.
- Minor: This is a Pass. It has no significant effect on the safety of the vehicle or impact on the environment. REPAIR AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
- Advisory: This is a Pass, but it could become more serious in the future. MONITOR AND REPAIR IF NECESSARY.